i wish there wasn’t a stigma about doing things alone. you can’t go out to eat alone, you can’t see a movie alone, basically anything fun, you’re looked down on for doing alone and it’s so stupid you shouldn’t need other people to validate your decisions
aaand i stayed up too late drawing nilesy again
sorta like the shading/highlighting i do now (despite parts i forget) but not the actual lines/drawing
used terreverte’s way of drawing to make this, still shit but i like it better than some of my other works ^.^ i also forgot to do shading/etc on the tie but meh uwu thank you!
Grace Brown has photographed hundreds of survivors and received submissions from thousands more since starting Project Unbreakable in October 2011. Her images document the threatening, demeaning and downright misguided comments that sexual abusers use to torment and subdue their victims.
Some pictures capture a particularly haunting aspect of sexual victimization: so-called “corrective rape,” a hate crime used against LGBT people as punishment or in the belief that forcing them to have heterosexual sex will “cure” them of their homosexuality.
Read more | Follow @policymic
Corrective rape happens in every country we need to stop acting as if it’s restricted to countries that fit into the narrative of ‘backwards’ countries.
This is horrific - Suzanna
you asked for it… you got it! here’s a peek into the process of how i draw stuff. :) disclaimer: not a fully comprehensive guide. :P
thank you so much! ^u^ time to zoom to the computer where photoshop runs better /o/~
Aya Kamikawa: Why she kicks ass
- She is the only openly transgender official in Japan at this point, and the first to seek or win elected office in Japan.
- She won a four-year term as an independent under huge media attention, placing sixth of 72 candidates running for 52 seats in the Setagaya ward assembly, the most populous district in Tokyo. In April 2007, she was re-elected to her second term, placing second of 71 candidates running for 52 in the same ward assembly.
- While the government announced that they would continue to consider her male officially, she stated that she would work as a woman.
- She is devoted to work for various groups, the disabled, single-parent families, homeless people to evening junior high school students, LGBT people and to improve rights for women, children, the elderly. She strives to give support for these people and bring positive changes which would help them in society.
- She was also a committee member for Trans-net Japan (a self-support group for transgender people) and organised meetings and social events to give support and symposiums to raise the public awareness.
gosh darn i need xkit back to reply to posts, i’m swapping browsers constantly so i don’t have time to sort it out
thank you so much, i was worried because, well, i pretty much took your drawing and just redid it really badly ;-; it was fun to draw, aye, just finding it hard to grasp any form of anatomy and figure out how i want to draw things in general. my main drawing program is sai as my netbook doesnt take photoshop too well but it isn’t impossible to use (once i upped the ram use to almost max :P)
you’re welcome, thanks for not being fussed over me basically redoing your drawing uwu and thanks for replying! well, when you get round to it. n.n
To be honest I did expect Blake to be a cat girl after watching her original trailer, but that’s not the point of my submission.
(Before I start I know RWBY technically isn’t an anime because its American made)
I’m just glad that Monty didn’t sexualize Blake. So many times have I seen an anime were there’s funny or interesting cat girl but she’s completely sexualized, and sometimes over the top. Now I’m no feminist and I know Yang is somewhat sexualized, but not overtly like traditional anime. I do like cat girl characters (I like cats, sue me) but I hate when they are constantly sexualized. And yes, I know RWBY is not in everybody’s taste, that’s fine I get it, but I’m just glad for once that there’s a cat girl that doesn’t rely on her sexy body in order to get attention from fans or other characters.
I’M SO GLAD RWBY IS GETTING WELL KNOWN IT’S EVEN ON UNPOPULAR OPINIONS SQUEE
Tbh from her trailer I thought it was just that she was stopping some illegal goods and was doing good for the world, I didn’t expect her to be a faunus. I’m glad Monty’s doing some good and not over sexualizing the characters. Ofc Yang is sexualized but I think that’s her gift, she’s beautiful, people oggle her, she’s cute, funny and ferocious. It’s more of a “the character is beautiful and she knows it” rather than “let’s sexualize her” but that’s my opinion. And at least Yang looks at least 16 instead of 13 like most animes. (I use “anime” as “animated series” in this case)
very heavily terreverte inspired nilesy ^.^ thanks for the awesome art you make! trying to experiment more with brushes and just develop my art style
edit (i can delete upon request if you like, i should’ve asked)